Travel Outside the United States
UOIP offers assistance to faculty with plans to travel abroad. Information covering insurance, sabbaticals and other resources are available by clicking on the links on left.
Steps to take before you travel:
Download the UC Davis Checklist for International Travel (.pdf)
- Follow departmental protocol for absence from campus.
- Check US Department of State Website (http://travel.state.gov):
•Passport and Entry Visa requirements for destination
-Foreign consular offices in the U.S.: (http://www.state.gov/s/cpr/rls/fco/)
-Alternative fee-based provider: (http://www.traveldocs.com/visas.htm)
•Tips for Traveling Abroad
•Customs and Import Restrictions for destination and re-entry to USA
- Go to UC Davis Travel Page (http://travel.ucdavis.edu):
•Register for no cost UC Travel Insurance. Please enter as much emergency contact information as possible.*
•Review Other Resources under Foreign Travel Link
•Determine Foreign Daily Per Diem Rates for destination
- Review guidance on vaccinations/health precautions (http://cdc.gov/travel)
- Make copies of your passport signature/photo/visa pages, vaccination records, health insurance providers, credit card and ATM card numbers. Include phone numbers for each company. Take these copies with you, but keep them in a safe and separate location from the originals.
- Notify your credit card company of the dates you will be overseas and destinations.
- Notify your bank of the dates you will be overseas and destinations.
- Update your delegates in your MyTravel profile. (https://mytravel.ucdavis.edu:8443/concur/expense/)
*All UC Davis Faculty and Staff are covered under the Faculty Business Travel Accident Plan while traveling on UC Davis business. Immediate family members accompanying the traveler are covered as well.
*All UC Davis Students are covered under the Student Off-Campus Accident Plan while traveling off campus on UC Davis business.
*The Travel Accident Protection Program for personal travel is available for University employees and students to purchase for themselves, their families and traveling companions. In order for each traveler to be covered, each traveler must enroll individually and pay their respective premium. For more information, go to the Risk Services website. Scroll down and under Personal Travel, click on “UC Personal Travel Program” to read a full description of the coverage, access the brochure and/or enroll.