International Travel Planning
Review UC Davis Foreign Travel Page
Don't forget to:
- Register for UC Travel Insurance.
- Check U.S. Department of State Website for travel warnings and alerts
- Determine Foreign Daily Per Diem Rates for destination
- Follow departmental protocol for absence from campus.
- Check Passport and Entry Visa requirements for destination through the foreign consular offices in the U.S. or alternative fee-based provider such as TravelDocs.
- Review CDC guidance on vaccinations/health precautions
- Make copies of your passport signature/photo/visa pages, vaccination records, health insurance providers, credit card and ATM card numbers. Include phone numbers for each company. Take these copies with you, but keep them in a safe and separate location from the originals.
- Notify your credit card company of the dates you will be overseas and destinations.
- Notify your bank of the dates you will be overseas and destinations.
- Update your delegates in your MyTravel profile
U.S. Department of State
Includes the location of the U.S. embassy and any consular offices; whether you need a visa; crime and security information; health and medical conditions; drug penalties; and localized hot spots.
UC Davis Foreign Language Departments